The Rise of the Money Nerds: Whitney Hansen
Join Erin and I as we have a fantastic conversation with Whitney Hansen, host of the Money Nerds Podcast. She's also a money coach, adjunct professor and Facebook Small Business Council Member. She coaches overwhelmed millennials on how to accelerate paying off debt and be financially independent. Some of her financial accomplishments include paying off $30,000 in 10 months, buying her first home at 19, and paying $472 for her master's degree.
What You'll Learn
- How Whitney got started on her journey of rocking her personal finances (and at such a young age)
- How she managed to purchase a home at 19 years old
- Some of the challenges that come with working to meet big financial goals.
- How she dealt with socializing while reducing her spending (i.e. dining out less often)
- Why she believes making some short term sacrifices is definitely worth it
- why she loves shifting what we think financially responsible people look like
- Her recommended first step towards changing your financial landscape
This episode's Real Talk stories are about 1) #FinancialPositivity and 2) navigating Oslo, Norway.
If you want to have your story featured on a future episode, download the Nav.it app and leave your post in the Community section. We'd love to hear from you!
If you are enjoying the Nav.it podcast. please take a moment to rate, review and subscribe – we would appreciate it as it really helps us grow the show. Other comments, suggestions or other feedback? Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @letsnavit.