How Jamila Souffrant is Nav.ing Her Way to Financial Independence
In episode 2 Nav.it host Lisette Austin talks with Jamila Souffrant, a Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI), podcaster, writer and founder of JourneytoLaunch.com. Jamila is considered a go-to financial thought leader in the personal finance field and is the resident financial expert on a weekly segment on News12, the most watched local TV news-station in NYC and has been featured in other notable media outlets such as ESSENCE, Refinery 29, Money Magazine, CNBC, CBS, Business Insider and more. The Journey To Launch Podcast was also named one of "27 Podcasts You Need To Start Listening To In 2018 by BuzzFeed".
Jamila and her husband saved $169,000 in two years and are debt free besides their mortgage – all while living in NYC with three small children. She shares her incredible financial journey and tips on how to nav your finances and grow true wealth.
What You'll Learn
- What propelled Jamila to start on her journey to financial independence
- How she and her husband were able to save $169K in 2 years
- What some of the changes they made looked like
- The power of simply being aware of what you are spending
- How Jamila's mom influenced her life and set her on the path she's on today
- What the F.I.R.E. movement is
- How her journey to financial freedom has changed her life
- How wealth is equally defined by having flexibility, and increased time for family and experiences
- What some of the challenges and lessons have been along the way
- Her tips and advice for others starting on the path to a new financial reality
The episode ends with a Real Talk story about visiting Philadelphia. If you want to have your story featured on a future episode, download the Nav.it app and leave your post in the Community section.
If you are enjoying the Nav.it podcast. please take a moment to rate, review and subscribe – we would appreciate it as it really helps us grow the show. Other comments, suggestions or other feedback? Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @letsnavit.