Legal Considerations for Women in Business: Shreya Ley
If you're a small business owner, you might want to think about consulting a lawyer for the mumbo jumbo legal stuff you'd prefer not to focus on. Enter self-described “Lawyer-Human” Shreya Ley who provides legal services, primarily to small businesses. Her expertise is protecting assets and intellectual property. Hear about her career journey, why you and what you produce are worth protecting, and important legal considerations for business owners. She also divulges what exactly a "Lawyer-Human" is...(we know that's your first question!).
What You'll Learn
- Why Shreya calls herself a “Lawyer-Human”
- What led her to a law career
- Why legal services are valuable and worth paying for
- The two main legal protections: personal and business
- The importance of setting up clear contracts and partnerships
- Trademarks and how legal can help when issues come up
- Why women might be less aggressive about protecting their assets
- Tips for getting started with legal services
- Why it’s important to have an attorney when hiring employees or entering a partnership
Where to find Shreya
This week's real talk is about stress management strategies (and is from comments in the Let's Nav.it Facebook group).
If you want to have your story featured on a future episode, download the Nav.it app and leave your post in the Community section. We'd love to hear from you!
If you are enjoying the Nav.it podcast. please take a moment to rate, review and subscribe – we would appreciate it as it really helps us grow the show. Other comments, suggestions or other feedback? Find us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @letsnavit.